[TYPO3] Overriding 'textposition' field

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Apr 24 17:29:45 CEST 2008

konstantin wrote:
> Here's a problem I've been trying to solve, and I'm hoping for a
> straightforward answer.
>
> In TYPO3, I'm pulling some content from a page using the following syntax:
>
> 01   temp.topstory = CONTENT
> 02   temp.topstory {
> 03       select {
> 04          pidInList = 400
> 05          where = colpos=1
> 06          max = 1
> 07       }
> 08       table = tt_content
> 09   }
>
> So far so good. I end up with a single content element of type "Text with
> image." The problem is that the element uses layout that doesn't work for me
> - Image "Above, left" (textposition 2). I would like to change that to "In
> text, left" (textposition 18) by overriding the properties of the content
> element. Is this possible for this particular case?

Immediate idea is to use selectFields to select all fields and your preffered value " AS " that field. No ost efficient way but better than nothing.

But I think you do not need to select it. Look how this particular CType is rendered (use TS object browser). There will be a "field" TS property that defines where to put image. Replace "field" with "value" and put your preffered value.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team