[TYPO3] mm tables problem in 4.1

Curt Grimley Curt at CGSS.net
Fri Apr 18 11:56:06 CEST 2008

Tania Morales wrote:
> I have tried to upgrade one website from 4.0.8 since a long time but there
> is a problem in the backend that doesn't aloud me to do it, I was thinking
> maybe it was a problem in 4.1.2, and then I tried with 4.1.3 then 4.1.5 and
> now with 4.1.6 but no luck. I have a field added in my TCA for the table
> pages that uses an mm table. When I go to Edit page properties, I can see
> the current values for this field, and the values from the list, but if I
> try to edit it, or add a new item for this field, it is not saved. What it
> is most strange is that until 4.1 it works fine. Any idea ???  Thanks.

Hi Tania - Here is a clue, just read the first section:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/dam/1.0.11/view/1/5/

I stumbled upon this with the upgrade on a DAM installation.  You may
need to examine that extension to see what they did. Okay, I looked at
my copy. Look in the file tx_dam/class.ext_update.php. They had to
rename an mm field "sorting" to "sorting_foreign".

You may need to do the legwork to understand the MM file handling
changes; or maybe someone who knows can point you to further
documentation of the changes.

Make it a good day,
Curt