[TYPO3] RTE: Provide custom list elements

Michael Niemann xml.transformator at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 15:13:56 CEST 2008

Hello TYPO3 english subscribers from all countries,

I need to provide custom elements to create differenty styled lists inside the RTE.
I tried creating several userElements like this:

10 = Lists
        10 {
            10 = List1
            10.description = blah
            10.mode = wrap
            20 = List2
             20.description = blah
             20.mode = wrap
        }

This only works when I enter the first item and than wrap my list afterwards. However I need to reproduce the exact same behaviour as the list button in the RTE does directly. E.g. the user clicks the button on an empty space an the list is opened. The following text is the first item until the list is closed or enter pressed.

I guess as this involves toggleing the userElements aren't really a solution but is there another way to provide lists with different class attributes in RTE?

Thanks in advance and sorry for posting another noobish question on this honorable group.

Michael Niemann