[TYPO3] indexed_search is invalidating file download links

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Apr 11 11:25:24 CEST 2008

> I am using mm_damfilelist to create a list of downloadable files from
> DAM categories. The extension generates links in the form
>
> http://domain.tld/index.php?id=68698938547fc5d427910d&eID=tx_mm_bccmsbase_zip
>
> which work if I flush the FE cache but do not work anymore after
> indexed_search has been run using the crawl extension (thus this
> extension is not indexing anything if I simply crawl the website).
>
> I first thought that the problem was related to using RealURL as the GET
> parameter id "points" to a document and not a page and I patched
> mm_damfilelist in order to generate a docid parameter instead and put
> the id parameter as the dam-list page uid. I thought that it helped,
> just as the FE cache solves the problem but after indexed_search was
> being executed during the night, I got the error
>
> Parameter Error: Wrong ID - no data found with this ID
>
> again. I investigated a little more and found that indexed_search was
> somehow causing this bug.

mm_dam_filelist stores actual file info into a session cookie and
generates links with a parameter id which is unique to each person
visiting the website. Then, when downloading, the extension gets info
from cookie to retrieve the valid document without ever showing the path
to the file on server.

It seems that indexed_search is somehow invalidating the link. I have to
set no_cache = 1 on the page to get it working fine. That does not
please me however...

Xavier