[TYPO3] weird T3 template problem

Andrew Hill andrew at salamander.net
Sun Sep 30 19:50:32 CEST 2007

hi folks,

i have the strangest problems - i hope someone has some insight.

i was asked to make a site that has a horizontal menu for 5 main site
sections, and has a vertical menu for each one of those sections.  i
simply hard-coded a set of 5 links into my html template, and created
5 variations of that template, and applied each one to a set of pages
in my site.

here is my site: www.youcanstaysharp.com

the problem is, the root level page comes up the first time, but from
there if any of the horizontal html links are clicked, T3 puts the
user into one of the pages, and doesn't respect the fully qualified
url in the html links!

e.g. "The Science" is hardcoded into the template as http://
www.youcanstaysharp.com/index.php?id=274, and "Home" is hardcoded
into the template as http://www.youcanstaysharp.com/ but once you
click away from "Home" you are always put into "Programs" (which has
a url of http://www.youcanstaysharp.com/index.php?id=252) regardless
of which link you click on.

it's very strange!  i'm at my wits end with this, and am willing to
pay for support if anyone wants to help.

thanks,
andrew