[TYPO3] redirect old simulatestatic to realurl

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Sep 27 01:23:05 CEST 2007

Rob De Vries wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> I have a new site running with realurl, but the old server still uses
> stimulatestatic.
>
> Now google realy loves my new pages and has indexed alot of the new
> pages with real url, but there are still some old pages and some don't
> exict anymore.
> for those non existing pages we are adding some 301 in the htaccess.
> for those who still exist, but still are indexed with the sim-st
> pagenames we are using this rewrite rule:
> RewriteRule ([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+)\.html$
> http://www.mydomain.be/index.php?id=$1&type=$2  [R=301,L]
>
> works great, but I would like to let them redirect to the full url
> so not : index.php?id=1&type=0 but to pagename/pagename/
>
> is this possible? and if so, how?

There is another possiblity ...

Set the option:

respectSimulateStaticURLs = 1

... this will make your realURL check if an URL is a simulate static url
... so you can have the best of both worlds :)

if a link goes to your page and is simulate static realURL will pass it
along to the old code and let it handle the url ... if it is a "new"
realURL it will handle it on its own...

look here:
<http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/realurl/1.1.4/view/1/2/#id2901940>

greets,