[TYPO3] [HTMLArea::initIframe]: Failed attempt at loading stylesheets: [object Error] Retrying...

Gunnar Jonsson gu-jonss at online.no
Wed Sep 26 22:12:20 CEST 2007

I have a TYPO3 website functioning excellent from many different PC's.
However, from one special PC I have problems to load the HTMLAREA editor
resulting in the message "Loading editor, please wait" never disappearing. I
am using Internet Explorer 6.0 on all PC's. The only difference I could see
is that the PC's with functioning RTE editor is having the Microsoft Virtual
Machine, while the PC with the failing RTE editor is having the Sun Java.

I get the following troubleshooting messages from HTMLAREA:
[HTMLArea::init]: All scripts successfully loaded.
[HTMLArea::init]: Editor url set to: /typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/htmlarea/
[HTMLArea::init]: Editor skin CSS set to:
/typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/htmlarea/skins/default/htmlarea.css
[HTMLArea::init]: Editor content skin CSS set to:
http://www.solregnet.net/typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/htmlarea/skins/default/htmlarea-edited-content.css
[HTMLArea::generate]: Toolbar successfully created.
[HTMLArea::generate]: Editor iframe successfully created.
[HTMLArea::initIframe]: Iframe baseURL set to:
http://www.solregnet.net/typo3/
[HTMLArea::initIframe]: Override CSS set to:
http://www.solregnet.net/typo3temp/rtehtmlarea_css_dffac98b3175880c8c50347c30aeac2a.css
[HTMLArea::initIframe]: Content CSS set to:
http://www.solregnet.net/fileadmin/templates/rte-bah.css
[HTMLArea::initIframe]: Editor iframe head successfully initialized.
[HTMLArea::initIframe]: Failed attempt at loading stylesheets: [object
Error] Retrying...
[HTMLArea::initIframe]: Failed attempt at loading stylesheets: [object
Error] Retrying...
[HTMLArea::initIframe]: Failed attempt at loading stylesheets: [object
Error] Retrying

I have tried to delete all internet cookies and temporary files on the PC
and I have set the browser cache setting to Automatic, but the editor can
still not load.

Any good ideaes to try? Any suggestions why the attempt to load the
stylesheets is failing on this special PC?

Regards,
Gunnar Jonsson