[TYPO3] wfqbe (DB integration) and multiple select options

bhoft hoft at eurescom.de
Wed Sep 26 10:13:01 CEST 2007

Hi,
I am trying to create a search option with multiple static values, which
should be searchable in a mysql table with the column type 'set' the values
could be e.g. ('type 1', 'type2' ... ' type10' ..).

The searchform should have a checkbox group so multiple set values should be
listed in the result.
So my problem is how do I create the select Query table object to get the
right sql query?
I tried the options 'in' 'like' and so on.

the 'like' search option would work, but in case of same texts the like
'%type 1%' would also find the entries with 'type 10' set in the database
and this also if I only search for 'type 1' and not multiple values like
('type 1', 'type x' ) in case I select multiple checkbox as searchoptions on
my searchform.

A good select query would be:
SELECT *
FROM `tablename`
WHERE FIND_IN_SET( 'type 1', set_column ) >0
OR FIND_IN_SET( 'type 10', set_column ) >0
LIMIT 0 , 30;

I also tried to extend the form generator class, but because the query is
only filled up with the values on the placeholders. So this isn't what I
want.

Is there another way to extend or modify the select for a specific
searchoption?
I read about hooks, but for me its not clear how and where this hooks are
created.

thx in advance for any help or suggestion