[TYPO3] How to unpublish the whole front-end?

Ignatius Reilly ignatius.reilly at free.fr
Mon Sep 24 09:06:48 CEST 2007

Hi Katja,

In fact I adopted another approach suggested by a clever chap in this
thread:
- (our site is multi-domain)
- created another "maintenance" site with a single page "site under
maintenance", internationalized, with templates similar as those of the
main site
- now to unpublish I just have to cut'n paste the main site's domain
record into the maintenance site.

That's a bit more work, but the advantage is that we have a nice
maintenance page. With the "activate FE group" approach, one would
abruptly force a message "you must log in" to the public audience -
potentially confusing.

Katja Lampela thus spake on 2007-09-24 08:46: