[TYPO3] How to unpublish the whole front-end?

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Mon Sep 24 08:46:20 CEST 2007

Ignatius Reilly kirjoitti:
> Is there a built-in way to unpublish a whole site from the admin panel
> (to bring a site down, while keeping access to the BE), like there is
> with Joomla?
>
> Searched about, couldn't find it (using 4.1)

Hi Ingnatius,
I'm not sure what you mean by unpublish, but there are many ways to hide
the whole FE site from the public and still keep the BE access. Two
simple ways come to my mind: disable the site's template(s) or make a fe
group and make the root page access restricted to this group and
activate the "include subpages" for restriction.
- Katja