[TYPO3] Making a menu with pretected pages.

Rudy Gnodde rgn at windinternet.nl
Mon Sep 10 15:21:47 CEST 2007

Hello Fred,

Fred wrote:
> I have a website on typo3 (v4.1 on a windows server with iis) on which i
> have a pretected area like this :
> PageRubrique
>     |__ Section01
>     |          |__ Article01
>     |          |__ Article02
>     |__ Section02
>     |__ Section03_login
>     |__ Section03
>                |__ Article01
>                |__ Article02
>
> The Section03_login is a page on which the login box (native) redirect
> on Section03. Section03 had "members" as general properties and I cheked
> "Include subpages" to protect all af them. Everything is working fine.
>
> I was asked to make a menu on Page Section_03 so users can see all the
> links of the pretected pages. The problem is they don't appear on it
> because they are pretected. Do you know a way of making a menu with
> pretected pages ?
>
> The other solution is to put the "member" group on the properties of the
> content and not on the page, but I don't know how to insert the login
> box on each page automatically and to translate it on the good language.
> I'm trying to do this with TypoScript but it's a bit tought.

This can be done through TypoScript using the showAccessRestrictedPages
property of TMENU (or GMENU).

For example:
lib.menu = HMENU
lib.menu.1 = TMENU
lib.menu.1.showAccessRestrictedPages = [uid to the login page]
lib.menu.1.showAccessRestrictedPages.addParams =
&redirect_url=###RETURN_URL###
lib.menu.1.wrap = <ul>|</ul>
lib.menu.1.NO {
   wrapItemAndSub = <li>|</li>