[TYPO3] backend user sign up

Timo Proescholdt proescho-typo3 at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Sun Sep 9 17:15:13 CEST 2007

Hi,

pretended that I want a site to be accessible only to users
who have signed up previously and among which some should have
editor rights, what would be the best way to go about that?

What I thought was that it would be best to make them all
backend users, but I'm not sure if some of my constraints
hold..

Is there a way set up backend users (without the right to actually login
into the backend) through a form automatically?

Can a user group restricted page be protected so that the auth form
checks username password against the backend?

many thanks!
Timo