[TYPO3] bidirectional relation between tt_products and tt_news records

Lukáš Stančík stancza at stancza.cz
Sun Sep 9 18:40:29 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am using tt_products and tt_news extensions [ TYPO3 4.1.1 / tt_products
2.5.2 / tt_news 2.5.0 ] on my current project and I wonder if it is
possible to establish relation between news item and product item in both
directions and display them in SINGLE view.

The project is mostly about press releases regarding installation of
several products in one place (new building for example) and I want to
assign those products to the news record and display links to their full
details in frontend. It would be great to be able to have similar list of
related news records in product SINGLE view too.

Is something like that possible?

If I understand it right, the bidirectional M-M relations extension could
be possibly used for that. I have installed it, got the example "news
categories" vs "news records" working, but I am not  able to set it to my
needs myself yet.

I have been looking for some working example of what I have described
above nearly all the weekend but without any success.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Best Regards, Lukas Stancik

PS: Sorry for my poor English