[TYPO3] htmlarea rte problem

James Knuckey james.faction at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 22:55:05 CET 2007

Thanks for the reply Arpad.

I've double-checked, all popups are definitely allowed, otherwise typo3's
built in BE timeout re-login window wouldn't pop up - at any rate if this
was the problem both Opera and Firefox would tell me they are blocking
popups. I have double-checked my security settings and they are all on the
lowest setting for popups and js.

This is frustrating! All the buttons that do something more than just
instantly add tags (such as h1/h2/sup/sub/b/i/u etc) cause it to do
nothing but instantly reload the page. I have uninstalled the extension
and reinstalled now, and been all over the net... Is my problem really
that unique?

-------

Murányi Árpád pesz at pesz.hu
Wed Oct 31 11:04:36 CET 2007

dear james,

i had similar problems until i realized that the popup settings of my
firewall were kidding me. suggest you double checking your popup settings.

best,
arpad

-------

From: "James Knuckey" <james.faction at gmail.com>
Subject: [TYPO3] htmlarea rte problem

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for help with the htmlara rte extension. It works - except for
anything that requires a popup such as adding links or images. When the
link or image button is clicked, not only does it fail to work, but in
Opera and Firefox it also reloads the page and all unsaved changes are
lost. Not fun!

I noticed someone back in July had the same or similar problem but got no
reply. It appears it may be a js problem. I've already ensured I have all
popups allowed for the site.

Using typo3 4.1.2 with the included sysext htmlarea rte 1.5.3.

I will keep searching and if I find the solution before someone else
replies I will post it here.

-------