[TYPO3] How to hide 'Pagecontent' section in a BE sysfolder?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Fri Oct 26 19:44:16 CEST 2007

Erich Schreiber

> I checked the TS in User TSconfig for the editor's group (after your
> last reply) and Page TSconfig and
> fileadmin/TSconfig/defaultPageTSconfig.txt before.
>
> If I put the code into fileadmin/TSconfig/defaultPageTSconfig.txt also
> the properties 'disableBigButtons' and 'disableSearchBox' of
> mod.web_layout show no results (I checked the correct path in the
> setup dialog of the extension). This made me suspect that something is
> not loading or initializing correctly. Or do I misunderstand the
> purpose of this file?

Yes, you have. The file is for issues, which relate with page TS config
like the name of the file says.
That is originally created because of problem creating TS config for all
pages - you can't set that automatic concering root level pages without
making that as basic level configuration variable.
The file is actually reference for

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS

exactly

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['defaultPageTSconfig']

instead of directly creating something to that variable, I gave
possibility to use a file instead. That is safe and relative easy way.

I admit that Page TS config should also work for disableBigButtons etc
but this is quite small issue and I have intended that they should set
using TS config for users/user groups.

> Anyway, thank you Tapio for your time and advice. I just now have to
> end my experimentations and probably live without 'Typo3 Lite' skins
> for my editors.

no define for be users/user groups needed limitations.