[TYPO3] Using RTE HTMLarea in frontend

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Thu Oct 18 14:15:35 CEST 2007

[Jacob Rasmussen - Concare IT] wrote & schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>I have started using the htmlarea RTE in a frontend plugin and
>everything works as it should, but I couldn't seem to find an indication
>on how I can edit which buttons to be shown on the frontend.
>
>I would like to have underline, textcolor and alignment, but how do I
>accomplish this?

Q: May I add to this question: When exactly and by whom is the RTE
configuration stuff in 'RTE.default.FE' referenced?

I get pretty far by dealing with 'RTE.default' only. But, admitted, I
do this for logged in backend users.

The standard configuration of HTMLAREA at some point contains
something like:
  ## front end RTE configuration for the general public
  ## (htmlArea RTE only)
RTE.default.FE < RTE.default

Martin