[TYPO3] Can't have different NOs with different types/heights in GMENU?

Peter typo3 at peter-b.org
Tue Oct 9 11:04:44 CEST 2007

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] wrote:
> Peter schrieb:
>> I have a GMENU that works with conditions that work. But I need to do
>> different sized NO types based on the condition
>>
>> NO {
>>   XY = ????
>>   10 = TEXT
>>   10.text.field = title
>>   10.if {...}
>>   20 = IMAGE
>>   20 {
>>     file.import = a/nother/file
>>     file.maxW = 150
>>   }
>>   20.if {...}
>> }
>>
>> Either 10 or 20 will be selected, never both. The conditions work,
>> selecting the right item (TEXT or IMAGE). Problem is, I don't know in
>> advance which it's going to be.
>>
>> There is no set pattern or sequence so optionsplit is ruled out.
>>
>> So, how do I determine what NO.XY should be? I can't use [10.h] or
>> [20.h] as I don't know in advance which wil be used!
>
> XY = [10.h]+[20.h]+5
>
> as an example....

Mi Mathias,

Thanks for the suggestion.

This definitely works in some circumstances. However, as it turns out
I'm producing a GMENU with useLargestItemX, which is taken from both 10
and 20 regardless of the conditions....

I'm going to completely re-address how the menu is generated, as I doubt
I'm going to get what I want this way....

Peter.