[TYPO3] Load News (or items from custom extension) into navigation structure / Main menu (TMENU)

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Nov 26 21:53:06 CET 2007

Hi,

> We are building a product database (with categories) with a custom
> extension. Now, I'd like to have my navigation (TMENU) to be
> dynamically
> extended with the products from a certain category. The products
> should
> show up in the menu just like normal pages and should be linked to the
> corresponding product detail page....
>
> How can i inject such items (i.e. products) into my main navigation
> (which will be generated by a small TS template)???

You need to look at properties itemArrayProcFunc and IProcFunc of
TMENU. I don't have any example though.

I hope this will help you getting started.

Cheers

François Suter

--
Cobweb Development Sàrl
www.cobweb.ch

Rue Eugène-Marziano 15, CH-1227 Les Acacias (Geneva - Switzerland)
T: +41 22 880 00 93, F: +41 22 880 00 94, E: support at cobweb.ch
web solutions for professionnal requirements