[TYPO3] Load News (or items from custom extension) into navigation structure / Main menu (TMENU)

Florian Schupp | FORMER 03 GmbH florian.schupp at former03.de
Mon Nov 26 21:41:49 CET 2007

Hi guys,
I'm stuck!

We are building a product database (with categories) with a custom
extension. Now, I'd like to have my navigation (TMENU) to be dynamically
extended with the products from a certain category. The products should
show up in the menu just like normal pages and should be linked to the
corresponding product detail page....

How can i inject such items (i.e. products) into my main navigation
(which will be generated by a small TS template)???

any help appreciated!

thanks,
Florian Schupp