[TYPO3] Proper way of translation

Darko Jr. Gonzalez jkokino at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 19:38:59 CET 2007

>plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.default.enter_account_info =
>Please enter your account details
>
>Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

You are well. But "default" is always English as far as I know. So,
you are effectively changing English labels here.
How I do redefinition of tt_news:
plugin.tt_news{
	_LOCAL_LANG.default{
		noNewsIdMsg =
		more = read more...
		goToArchive = archive...
	}
}

L=0 is english, which is website's default language. If you website
default language is different then you access English via it's two
letter ISO code which is 'en'.

Yes you should use locallang.xml. But I am sill puzzled, as I havent
had chance to find proper document (maybe never searched that much) -
how you deal with locallang.xml? - I pose this question because all my
websites are utf-8, and usually locallang.xml are ascii encoded. Do I
just convert these files into utf-8 and upload back to the server? I
tried this and it doesnt go well with cyrillic letters...I get garbled
text in the FE of the website.

Cheers