[TYPO3] srfeuserregister & errorMessageForEvalRule

Simon Browning simon at stwdesign.com
Mon Nov 19 00:36:22 CET 2007

I'm having trouble getting an error message to display for fields I've
added to front end user registration and would appreciate any advice or
a boot in the right direction.

I've got my extra fields and their labels showing up but am having a
hard time figuring out what the correct ts should be for specifying the
error message when an evaluation rule isn't specified.

I have a custom field, which is a checkbox, specified like this:

plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.languageCode.tx_extrafeusers_terms
= I have read, understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions

plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.create.evalValues.tx_extrafeusers_terms =
required

and have tried

plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.languageCode.missing_tx_extrafeusers_terms
= You must agree to the site terms and conditions to continue

and

plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.languageCode.evalErrors_required_tx_extrafeusers_terms
= You must agree to the site terms and conditions to continue

yet if the box is not checked I get "Please enter a value!", which is
the default error message from locallang.

I'm not sure if I've got the TS right on the evalerrors line, the manual
says:

plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.languageCode.evalErrors_evalRuleName_myNewFieldName
= errorMessageForEvalRule

Thanks.

Simon