[TYPO3] Hide path segment in Realurl?

Nate Russell webmaster at int-res.com
Thu Nov 15 14:34:37 CET 2007

How can I hide a segment in the url path that is generated by RealURL?

The question has been asked before but it hasn't been answered as far as
I can see.

I have a menu on my site that are within "uppernav" so the urls look like:

/uppernav/chapters/*

/uppernav/resources/*

I want to hide the segment "uppernav" so the urls look like:

/chapters/*

/resources/*

I read in another thread that this can be achieved by configuring
fixedPostVars in localconf.php. Unfortunately the thread did not go into
detail and the RealURL manual did not shed any light on the problem.

Can someone please give me a tip on how to accomplish this? I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Nate