[TYPO3] Is it possible? Could a BE form be defined according to a record value.

Tomas Mrozek mail at cascaval.com
Thu Nov 15 13:59:27 CET 2007

>> 1. Parts of the BE form may/may not appear according to the value of
>> some other field. See 'displayCond'...

> First, I would like to have something like a if ... else clause:
> if  "displayCond"=> "FIELD:field:=:A" then config = blabla
> else "displayCond"=> "FIELD:field:!=:A" then config = clacla

There's probably no if/else but I suppose you can list the same field
twice in the TCA, with different conditions, once with "equals" and once
with "does not equal".

> Second, I need to check a value from a different table.

Well, I guess this will require different approach. How about you would
have three tables: sportsmen, sports, scores. Sporstmen form will have a
select field which will be filled with the content of the "sports"
table. The "scores" form will have the "sports" table as well and upon
selection, the whole form would get modified.

But while creating a new records in the "scores" table do you actually
need to create new sportsmen record via IRRE or just select an existing
sportsmen record. If the latter aplies then you don't need IRRE at all.

Tomas Mrozek