[TYPO3] moving from localhost to a virtual hosting

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Nov 13 10:38:17 CET 2007

Hi!

Mike Klemin wrote:
> May be I searched bad, however I did my best, and wasnt able to find any article concerning moving sites between different host providers.
> If someone can point to couple of articles where explained how to move your site from localhost to a remote hosting. Assume, the typo3 installed on remote one.
> May be it's so easy so it don't deserve an article.
> I have found article how do you can export your whole tree. But I think it's not enough.

Normally you should be able to export/import it because this process takes care about all links/files/whatever-relations.

I usually go more hackerish way: tar.bz2 some folders (fileadmin, uploads, typo3conf) and do mysql database export. Then I un tar.bz2 all to server, import database and I am on it :) It is just more convinient to me personally.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/