[TYPO3] Is there a copy row or dulpicate row function?

Anders Tillbeck at at opengate.dk
Thu May 31 13:50:22 CEST 2007

I am doing an extension where I need to create a copy of a tt_content
element from one page to another and only changing pid.

Is there a way to copy a table row and insert it into the same table
with a new auto_increment uid? I have not a function for that purpose
but have the feeling I have not been looking the righ place.

I have searched the ExtDevEval to show DB functions:
http://typo3.org/typo3conf/ext/extdeveval/apidocs/t3lib_db.html

It is basically the same functionality as in the backend when copying a
content element and inserting a copy on the same or another page.