[TYPO3] Custom Menu/Sitemap?

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon May 28 04:31:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 5/27/07, Niels Fröhling <niels.froehling at adsignum.com> wrote:
>  Hy;
>
>  I have a bunch of questions realizing this kind of output:
>
>  I want to display a single recently added 'page' on the entry
> displaying it's title, abstract and a image, together with a link.
>
>  I thought of a "TS" 'content-element', which sadly doesn't exists,
> because creating that output is easy with HMENU.
>  Then I tought of manipulating the TS-configuration of the
> 'menu/sitemap' 'recently updated pages', but there seem not to be a
> possibility of customizing it's output, at least I didn't find anything
> with google.
>  Then I thought of a "submarker" 'content-element', which also doesn't
> exists.
>
>  Maybe someone can enlighten me how to put this as content-element on a
> front-page? I do not want to create a special template for that, I'd
> rather write an extension before I abuse a fine and clear concept. If I
> would create it as template, I could not reorder the content-elements, I
> could not place something in front and after the specific entry at the
> same time. Also I couldn't delegate the responsability to editors (which
> are not able to edit TS).
>
>  I believe, the most logic functionality that I don't find is, to
> customize the output of a 'menu/sitemap'. Does that exist somewhere?
>  In the documentation there is the line: "Maybe your TypoScript template
> is configured to another design of the sitemap ..." How? Does each
> specific menu-type inherit default configurations, that I can set in the
> TSconfig-field of my page? Is there documentation about that topic?

It sounds as though you already know your way around the HMENU
cObject, right? Well that's all the sitemap content element is. The
CSS Styled Content extension provides a 'default' rendering for it
(and for other content elements), but you can override those defaults.

The simplest way to learn this is to use the TS Object Browser (in the
Template module). The site map is one of (can't recall which one)
tt_content.menu.20.

And by the way: TSconfig is used to configure the BE, TS is used for FE output.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/