[TYPO3] Custom Menu/Sitemap?

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Mon May 28 02:29:34 CEST 2007

 Hy;

 I have a bunch of questions realizing this kind of output:

 I want to display a single recently added 'page' on the entry
displaying it's title, abstract and a image, together with a link.

 I thought of a "TS" 'content-element', which sadly doesn't exists,
because creating that output is easy with HMENU.
 Then I tought of manipulating the TS-configuration of the
'menu/sitemap' 'recently updated pages', but there seem not to be a
possibility of customizing it's output, at least I didn't find anything
with google.
 Then I thought of a "submarker" 'content-element', which also doesn't
exists.

 Maybe someone can enlighten me how to put this as content-element on a
front-page? I do not want to create a special template for that, I'd
rather write an extension before I abuse a fine and clear concept. If I
would create it as template, I could not reorder the content-elements, I
could not place something in front and after the specific entry at the
same time. Also I couldn't delegate the responsability to editors (which
are not able to edit TS).

 I believe, the most logic functionality that I don't find is, to
customize the output of a 'menu/sitemap'. Does that exist somewhere?
 In the documentation there is the line: "Maybe your TypoScript template
is configured to another design of the sitemap ..." How? Does each
specific menu-type inherit default configurations, that I can set in the
TSconfig-field of my page? Is there documentation about that topic?

 Thanks for any hint
    Niels