[TYPO3] Create a multilevel menu from other table than pages

Rens Admiraal typo3 at ambitiondesign.nl
Wed May 23 17:51:03 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I'm still struggling to make a multilevel menu from another table
than pages. I use Peter Kleins function to create a menu (http://
www.typo3wizard.com/en/snippets/menus/create-menus-using-data-from-
other-tables-than-pages.html)

I also got it to work at the second level of a foldout menu, but my
problem is that I cannot assign pidInList a value dynamically, or I'm
totally unaware of some possibilities.

In my opinion there are two ways to solve my problem.
1. assign the parent id from shop.mainmenu.1 to pidInList in
shop.mainmenu.2
2. in the makeMenuArray() function of Peter it should be possible to
get the id of the parent level, but I can't find it

I really hope someone has the solution, or could give me a hint...

Greetz,
Rens

Typoscript:

page.includeLibs.usermenu = fileadmin/shopMenu.php
page.includeLibs.gmenu_layers = media/scripts/tmenu_layers.php
shop.submenu = HMENU
shop.submenu.special = userfunction
shop.submenu.special.userFunc = user_menuFunc->makeMenuArray
shop.submenu.special.userFunc.table = tx_AmbitionWebshopBE_groups
shop.submenu.special.userFunc.select.pidInList = 0
shop.submenu.1 = TMENU_LAYERS
shop.submenu.1 {
	layerStyle = position:absolute;VISIBILITY:hidden;
	xPosOffset = -30
	lockPosition = x
	expAll=1
	leftOffset = 15
	topOffset = 30
	NO {
		10 = TEXT
		10.text.field = title
	}
}
shop.submenu.2 = TMENU
shop.submenu.2 {
	itemArrayProcFunc = user_menuFunc->makeMenuArray
	itemArrayProcFunc {
		userFunc {
			table = tx_AmbitionWebshopBE_groups
			select.pidInList = uid