[TYPO3] Erronous extensions [was: A mess with the languages]

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Tue May 22 18:44:24 CEST 2007

 Hy;
>  Okay, I found out that these IDs coincide with the ID of the
> 'Alternative Language Page'. For
> the root-page 28 these are 2 and 3 (english and german).
>  As I understand this isn't correct right? It should be 28, and the
> system internally maps/overlays
> 2 or 3 over 28, instead of exposing the IDs, correct? Is there any
> setting that could be
> responsible for that?

 Okay, I stepped with print_r() through the menu-code and detected that
getPageOverlay() didn't
got executed at all (there is the nice line: // Unset vital fields that
are NOT allowed to be overlaid:
which told me I was right).
 I search on the typo-folder for extensions overwriting the function,
and I found:

 altern_lang_menu_page_title
 altern_lang_page_link

 which both overwrite getPageOverlay with a erronous version.
 If their functionality is integrated into 4.0+, why aren't they marked
obsolete? Or at least their
life-time (compatibility) is reduced to <4.0?

 The funny thing is, searching the topic in relation to the
extension-names gives a hint:

http://www.typo3.net/forum/list/list_post//37043/?page=1#pid138804

 It's not the exactly same issue, but is caused by the same underlying
problem. Shouldn't this
be made known?

 Ciao
    Niels