[TYPO3] tt_news: searchPid & excludeAlreadyDisplayedNews not working

Pierre-Luc Drouin pldrouin at cyberfingers.net
Sat May 19 01:05:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am running Typo3 4.1.1 with tt_news 2.5.0. I have a news "list" and a
news "single" plugin working with the following template constants:
plugin.tt_news {
    file.templateFile = fileadmin/templates/news/tt_news_v2_template.html
    pid_list = 123
    singlePid = 124
    backPid = 121
}

When I try to add a news "search" plugin on the same page than the news
list plugin (pid=121), I am able to seach news, but I have noticed that
the news search plugin does not use the existing list but a new one
instead, resulting in some news being repeated twice. So I have added
two lines to my template constants to get the following:
plugin.tt_news {
    file.templateFile = fileadmin/templates/news/tt_news_v2_template.html
    pid_list = 123
    singlePid = 124
    backPid = 121
    searchPid = 121
    excludeAlreadyDisplayedNews=1
}

According to the manual of tt_news, I think this should allow to use the
existing list and avoid repeating the news twice, but it did not change
anything. I have also tried to add a new page and set searchPid to its
pid, but the search plugin is still displaying the results on the same
page (pid=121).

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Pierre-Luc Drouin