[TYPO3] configuration of ve_guestbook

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Mon May 21 21:34:08 CEST 2007

Hi Frank,

Please see my comments bellow:

Frank Sonck wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm using the ve_guestbook (v 1.12.1) extension as a commenting system
> for
> tt_news. I'm still having some problems though for which I don't find a
> solution in the manual.
>
> 1/ When a comment is longer than the allowed length you get a "[...]"
> after
> the comment but there's no hyperlink. So this "[...]" is rather useless. I
> would like to set a max length for the comment on the article page. Like
> that I would see for example 10 comments, each of them max 200 signs. If a
> comment is longer the "[...]" link would lead to a page where you can read
> the whole comment.

You can disable the comment cut off by adding the following TS to your
template's TS Setup:

plugin.tx_veguestbook_pi1.wordcut = 0

> 2/ Below the comments you have a "Read more" link, leading to a page where
> you
> can see ALL comments, also comments connected to other articles. The
> problem is double: a/ when I'm reading article x and it's comments and I
> click on "Read more" to see the comments (of article x) in extenso I
> suddenly see comments of an other article. Quite confusing. b/ On this
> Read more page the comments don't have an identification (for example the
> title of the article they're connected to). So it's an anonymous bunch of
> comments. So also in this respect (showing all comments on the site) this
> page is not completely usefull.

You can allow an unlimited number of comments to be displayed in one
page by adding the following TS to your template's TS Setup:

plugin.tx_veguestbook_pi1.limit = 0

> Does anyone know how to configurate this properly?
>
> Thanx a lot.
> Frank Sonck

Regards,

Oliver