[TYPO3] installing extensions -> global or local?

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Mon May 21 15:50:12 CEST 2007

Bas Heutink schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I have websites running with a shared source package (with symlinks).
>
> Now I know that it is posible to install extensions in the shared source
> package (global extensions).
> My question is what is more practical:
> - installing extensions for every website locally OR
> - just once globally, in the shared source package
>
> Regards,
> Bas
Hi!
well, that's difficult..
If you are sure that every website uses the same extension features and
every website is updated if a new version of an extension is installed
then global exts might be a solution. If you do not want to update all
the websites because one website needs to have a feature that is only
available through a new version of an extension that forces you to
modify your templates (as an example) then local installing might be better.

Greetings
Andreas