[TYPO3] page:media in Alternative Page Language

Bernd Wilke 19m0nyq02 at sneakemail.com
Mon May 21 11:40:04 CEST 2007

"Sander van Gelderen" <mail at NOSPsandervangelderen.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1179568938.13603.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hello list,
>

> I have a localised NL(default)/EN website that uses GMENU's. The GMENU
uses the media field to get it's images from, like so:
> NO {
>    altImgResource.import = uploads/media/
>    altImgResource.import.field = media
>    altImgResource.import.listNum = 1
> }
>
> Actaully I am using 5 entries from page:media for different menu states
and a header image.

> Now that I have created Alternative Page Language records for the pages,
the images do not show up in the EN version of the site.
> So I am looking for a setting that will get media from the default
langauage, but only if the field is empty for the alternative langauge.

> I tried "page.config.sys_language_softMergeIfNotBlank = pages:media", but
that does not work.

possibly because the table 'pages' is handeled in another way than other
tables. Other tables hold their localized data in the same table (special
fields sys_language_uid, l18n_parent_uid). alternative records for pages are
located in the table 'pages_language_overlay' with a subset of the fields of
pages.

either you have to select "page.config.sys_language_softMergeIfNotBlank =
pages_language_overlay:media"
or you can post a new bug, because the handling of
sys_language_softMergeIfNotBlank must be enhanced for
pages/pages_language_overlay ;-).

Bernd

--
www.bernd-wilke.net