[TYPO3] TypoScript Highlighting

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Wed May 16 12:04:34 CEST 2007

> Extension templates should be avoided at all costs.
> Usually they can be replaced by a simple pidInRootline condition.

I agree.

> Then its time for some coaching to have them stick to the rules.
If only! I wish I could get any of them to stick to some of the rules....

> The technical reason is: Last one who saves wins. Of course there's an undo
> button and a history but it can be really annoying if you have to switch
> between different versions of the same template just to get back what your
> team did during the last working day. If you split it up into smaller chunks
> you can assign each of them to a maintainer and you can edit the template(s)
> of the same site at the same time without any problems.

Mmm yes I knwo about the overwriting aspect but was thinking more so if
there was any bugs or issues from that view that might occur from a long
ts template.

> Another reason is that you can easily move parts of your template to another
> site since the structure is clear and each subtemplate is responsible for
> one special part of the site.

yeah, I do this with the files I include also.

thanks for th insight into how others do it though :-)