[TYPO3] Disabling language with PageTS

Sebastian Roth sebastian.roth at gmail.com
Tue May 15 13:33:28 CEST 2007

Hi there,

while creating some bigger site (4 domains with different language
combinations) i came to the following problem.

domain1 { allowed languages: de,en } handled by group1
domain2 { allowed languages: en } handled by group2
domain3 { allowed languages: en, bg } handled by group3

All pages are in separate page trees (entry points solved with `Domain
records`).
Now we got the requirement for backend users editing only in some
languages. E.g. group1 should only be allowed to edit in de & en for
domain1. No problem with this.

For the migration process the requirement has been changed so that
users should be able to edit content in domain1 & domain3.

When setting an user into group1 & group3, everything gets correctly
mounted, ok.
But here starts the problem. The languages overlap from each group, so
that the resulting languages available are: {de,en,bg} for _ALL_ page
trees.

So my question is now, how can i disable (by using pageTS config)
certain languages for this page tree? I don't want members in group3
being able to edit german content, likewise i don't want people in
group1 to edit content in bulgarian.

Is it possible?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,