[TYPO3] TypoScript Highlighting

Tobias Liebig tobias at work.de
Sun May 13 22:14:24 CEST 2007

Hello world!

a few days ago, Thomas Hempel and I started to work on a fully
integrated TypoScript-Editor with syntax-highlighting.

We based it on CodePress (http://codepress.org/), a free (LGPL)
javascript-based online-editor with syntax-highlighting for PHP, HTML,
CSS an some more languages.

Today we can present our very first beta. The main features till now are:

- Syntax-Highlighting for TS
- line numbers
- fullscreen mode (very helpful while editing a large piece of TypoScript)
- code-snippets (try "/*" or "/co" followed by a tab)
- code-completion (auto close braces like { ( [ )
- integrated in the template modul (setup, constants and "Edit the whole
template record")
- hit CTRL-S to save the code (via Ajax, so no page-Reload ist required!)
- and more... find out yourself :-)

As this is a beta only, there are still some issues.
So till now the AJAX save only works in template module. There are also
some other issues with the list modules that may cause some errors.
Furthermore we need the option to deactivate it like you can do it with
the RTE in content elements.

Some more issues sleep inside for sure. So we need your help: Lets us
know, what you like and what is missing or can be solved in a better way!

You can find the needed files, the patch and a screencast how to apply it on

	http://www.typo3-unleashed.net/codepress

We looking forward to get your feedback. Please send us a mail with your
comments at

   codepress(at)typo3-unleashed.net

Greets
   Thomas and Tobias