[TYPO3] Make extension working on older typo3 version - Login with Apache HTTP login

Rafal Markut rafal.markut at mediawave.de
Tue May 8 13:01:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

I installed Login with Apache HTTP login on typo3 4.1.1 and it works
perfectly. The extension authorizes users which are logged-in per
Apache-HTTP.

I need it on typo3 3.7.0. When I install it then typo doesn't show any
errors - it's installed without any problems. But it doesn't work.
So it seems that extension definition is correct also on 3.7.0.

Extension is using only one class: class tx_apacheauth_sv1, which extends
tx_sv_authbase.

This class (tx_sv_authbase) is also on 3.7.0. What's more this class is
almost this same in both typo versions.

tx_apacheauth_sv1 contains two methods: getUser() and  authUser($user). It
seems that when any page of typo3 is called then these methods are also
called (to check authorization). They are called on 4.1.1 but not on 3.7.0.

Does anyone have idea what could it be ? How could I make it working ?

Unfortunately email of extension's owner doesn't exist anymore.

with best regards,
Rafal