[TYPO3] Re Storing language prefence in cookie

Leo Barrientos C. lbarrientos at opensistemas.com
Tue May 8 09:19:05 CEST 2007

Okey, but the cookie will work for a few time (if you set it).

The thing is, ¿Do you want a "latest used languaje by an IP address" or
by a registered user ?.

You can add an extra field to fe_user with an extension in order to
allow register user to change his default language.

By the way, store IP default language is tooooooooooo much!, there is
better ways also, like to recognice the IP zone.

See ya.

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 12
> Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 16:31:44 +0200
> From: serge vleugels <serge at dwmv.be>
> To: typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm setting up a multilingual site.
> I am using sr_language_menu and rlmp_language_detection.
>
> Everything is working fine. My default language, NL, loads perfectly
> with nl, or non configured language browser settings
>
> The switching works fine too, but now i would like to store the language
> prefs in a cookie. Is there an extension that i havent found, or should
> i do this using TS and/or PHP ?
>
> Help would be very much appreciated,
>
> Serge Vleugels

> End of TYPO3-english Digest, Vol 44, Issue 20
Leo Barrientos C.
IT Project Manager, www.opensistemas.com
http://leobarrientosc.blogspot.com
http://moe.opensistemas.com/projects/opensistemas_typo3/