[TYPO3] is (HMENU.special = browse) last->first/first->last loop possible?

Peter typo3 at peter-b.org
Thu May 3 09:55:46 CEST 2007

Been racking my brains for a way to do this...

I have an HMENU which is special=browse and prevNextToSection:

lib.imageNav = COA
lib.imageNav {
   1 = HMENU
   # div for "off" version of button - css bg
   1.wrap = <div id="prevButton"> | &nbsp;</div>
   1.entryLevel = 3
   1.special = browse
   1.special.items = prev
   1.special.items.prevnextToSection = 1
   1.1 = GMENU
   1.1 {
     disableAltText = 1
     NO = 1
     NO {
       XY = 20,20
       5 = IMAGE
       5.file = fileadmin/images/v4/pageparts/prev_on.jpg
     }
   }
   2 = HMENU
[...some stuff in the middle not part of the "browse" thing...]
   }
   3 < .1
   3.wrap = <div id="nextButton"> | &nbsp;</div>
   3.special.items = next
   3.1.NO.5.file = fileadmin/images/v4/pageparts/next_on.jpg
}

This all works perfectly, no problems, does exactly what I would expect.

However, what I really want is some way for "Next" on the last item in
the menu to take you to the first item in the menu (which, in the case
of this menu, may actually be in another section).

+-1
| +-10
| | +- 20
| | +- 21
| |
| +-11
| | +- 22
| | +- 23
| | +- 24
| | +- 25
| |
| +-12
|   +- 26

+-2
| +-13
|   +- 27
|   +- 28

+-3
| +-14
| | +- 29
| | +- 30
| | +- 31
| |
| +-15
|   +- 32
|   +- 33

+-4

In the page tree above, pages 26, 28 and 33 have no "next" button as
they are the last page in each browse chain.

What I would like is that clicking "next" on page 26 will take you to
page 20 and "prev" on page 20 take you to page 26.

Likewise, "next" on page 27 would take you to page 28, 33 to 29 etc. etc.

Anynone done this before? Any pointers?

Thanks,

Peter.