[TYPO3] where are css files?

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:56:29 CET 2007

Hi,

On 3/23/07, Marko Milosevic <marko.milosevic at deepscreen.ch> wrote:
> > In my situation (typo3 4.0.4), those classes are defined by the
> > CSS_styled_content extension in the file
> > typo3/sysext/css_styled_content/static under the following section
> >
> > plugin.tx_cssstyledcontent._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE
> >
> > If you don't like those default styles, you can disable it in your
> > typoscript template by
> >
> > plugin.tx_cssstyledcontent._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
> >
> > And define your own style in, say, my.css file and reference it like this.
> >
> > page.includeCSS {
> >     file1 = fileadmin/templates/css/my.css
> > }
> >
> > It's not recommended to change the original stylesheet file coming along
> > with the extension because changes made there would be overwritten by
> > possible extension upgrade.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Bing
>
> Thanks!
>
> It helps a lot, but I still have some problems... I.e. there is defined
> something defined for <p> tags, and I can't find where. All I can do is
> to redefine <p> in my stylesheet, and it works :-), but its not the best
> way...

If you're using CSS Styled Content, all you're seeing is the browser
default styling for p. The only CSS that CSC provides by default is
for the "Text with Image" content element type.

> Or, different thing, there is predefined class "bodytext", I cant find
> where, so I'm using the same trick to make it work...

There is a class /attribute/ on paragraphs by default (an entirely
pointless default, IMO), but there is no corresponding CSS for it in
any standard configuration of TYPO3 that I'm aware of.

> So, where can I find these classes, its not too important, I'm managing
> these problems somehow, but it would be nice if I could find best solution.

If you want to find out what CSS is in use on your site, /view the
source of the pages/. If it's not there it doesn't exist. And if it is
there, it will usually give you a clue (according to how the CSS
declarations are named) what extension is responsible for it.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/