[TYPO3] Retrieving RECORD bodycontent via TS?

Jason A. Lefkowitz jason at jasonlefkowitz.net
Thu Mar 22 22:09:58 CET 2007

Christopher Torgalson wrote:
  > No, it /was/ random, or at least uninformed.

Wow, you guys are really, really determined to classify me with the
people who think their CD trays are cup holders.

"Random" implies that I arrived at the syntax by banging my head on the
keyboard and accepting whatever gibberish came out.  It's another thing
entirely to have _tried_ to understand it, read over all the relevant
documentation, tried several different approaches, and still not found a
working answer.

I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't understanding the RECORDS
object correctly; that's why I was _asking for help_.  Or is this the
wrong list for that?

> Knowing this, there is no way that "lib.contentGoesHere.source.field =
> bodytext" could provide any meaningful information to the RECORDS
> object. That's why both Tyler and I pointed out that your TS syntax
> could not possibly work.

I didn't need to be told it couldn't work; I had tried it and seen it
not working for myself.  What I needed help with was understanding WHY
it didn't work.  Which I only got after pushing back on the initial "hey
stupid, go read the manual" responses, citing TSByEx and TSRef to
explain how I got where I was, and taking a healthy dose of
condescension in return.

But thank you at least for eventually taking the time to explain what I
was doing wrong.

-- Jason