[TYPO3] Retrieving RECORD bodycontent via TS?

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 21:29:26 CET 2007

Hi,

On 3/22/07, Jason A. Lefkowitz <jason at jasonlefkowitz.net> wrote:
> Tyler Kraft wrote:

<snip>

> > If you spent all day pouring over TSref then why would you just randomly
> > create an additional property for 'source'?
>
> It wasn't random. According to TSRef, the "source" property of RECORDS
> has stdWrap.  "field" is a stdWrap property.  If there's a syntax error
> in putting stdWrap properties off "source", you could have just said
> that and told me how to access stdWrap from a RECORDS cObject (if that's
> even possible), and I would have been happy.  But everywhere else I've
> seen "stdWrap" listed in a property's "Data type" column in TSRef, it
> means you can hang stdWrap methods off it.  Hence my confusion.

No, it /was/ random, or at least uninformed. RECORDS.source /does/
have .stdWrap properties, but you also have to check into what kind of
information the object is expecting to receive. The TSref [1] says
that the .source property of RECORDS is a

"List of record-id's, optionally with appended table-names."

Knowing this, there is no way that "lib.contentGoesHere.source.field =
bodytext" could provide any meaningful information to the RECORDS
object. That's why both Tyler and I pointed out that your TS syntax
could not possibly work.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/