[TYPO3] hide empty submenu (via css)

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:44:19 CET 2007

Hi,

On 19 Mar 2007 13:24:59 +0100, Felix Natter
<felix.natter at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I need to hide (display: none) a level2-menu if there
> are no entries.
>
> I looked at the tsref (HMENU, if) but unfortunately I couldn't find
> the solution. Can someone please point me to the documentation?
>
> A similar problem exists for the news-container: it is filled with
> content elements (templavoila). If there is no content element in it,
> it should be hidden (display: none). Any hints are appreciated.

I don't understand the second point, but as for the second-level menu,
what you've described is the default behaviour. In the following code
sample, neither the first nor the second level will show if it
contains zero items:

lib.foo = HMENU
lib.foo {
  1 = TMENU