[TYPO3] printer friendly customizations ignored...

Giannis Economou gecon at di.uoa.gr
Sun Mar 11 13:30:10 CET 2007

I fixed the problems, I post something to clarify this, it might be
helpful for someone in the future....

Giannis Economou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the "Make Print Link" extension. I tried to include the static
> template plugin.alt.print on page hosting the code and/or on my base
> template.
>
> Here is the TS:
>
> temp.printpage = TEXT
> temp.printpage {
>         value = print
>         include_post_vars = 1
>         target = _blank
>         popup = 1
>         windowparams =
> (resizable=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,menubar=no,width=700,height=500)
>         windowname = Print
>         postUserFunc = tx_make_printlink
> }
> page.20.subparts.pageActions < temp.printpage

The above should be:

temp.printpage = TEXT
temp.printpage {
    value = print
    postUserFunc = tx_make_printlink
}
temp.printpage.postUserFunc {
    value = print
    include_post_vars = 1
    target = _blank
    popup = 1
    windowparams
=resizable=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,menubar=no,width=700,height=500
    windowname = Print
}

> plugin.alt.print.file.template =
> fileadmin/templates/site_tmpl/printversion_gr.tmpl
> plugin.alt.print.file.stylesheet = fileadmin/templates/site_tmpl/print.css

These were fine.
> - Also, the CSS is never used, regardless where I put the TS.

I used "Template Analyzer" and "TS Object Browser" and clarified this.
Had to do with the fact that some default values where defined in
constants among the template hierarchy.

> - Also the pop-up that should be in use (temp.printpage.popup=1) is
> never fired.

The wrong TS was responsible for this.

Still newbie, but learning fast!

Giannis