[TYPO3] admin panel show up on backend but not on frontend

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Fri Mar 2 15:46:29 CET 2007

> Hi again,
>
> On 3/1/07, Bing Du <bdu at iastate.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Typo3 V4.0.4
>>
>> In Web->View, I can see the admin panel and pencils on the pages.  But
>> no
>> admin panel and pencils when looking at the page in web browser (same as
>> what the backend is running in).  Page source doesn't have admin panel
>> stuff.  What could be the problem?
>

> One thing I thought of while looking into this (you may remember that
> a week or so ago I mentioned that this was a problem I'd seen), was to
> ensure that you're logged into exactly the same domain as you're
> previewing. This means if you want to look at the site
> www.example.com, you should be logged into www.example.com/typo3/
>
> Make sure that's what you're doing and see if anything different happens.
>
> --
> Christopher Torgalson
> http://www.typo3apprentice.com/

Thanks much again, Christopher.  Yes, I remember that.  And I know it has
to be the same domain.  After I logged on the backend, I just copied the
URL but leaving 'typo3/' out and pasted in the same type browser (FF).  So
I did  exactly what you said.  I also tried in IE, same thing.  My
situation is better than a couple of weeks ago.  At least frontend editing
symbols show up fine on the backend.  I'm still scratching my head...

Bing