[TYPO3] direct mail plain text not working

dave typo typothree at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 13:33:01 CET 2007

I've seen some extensions that allow rendering of plain text to be
compatible with templavoila. For example, rss_tv_text (Text Pages for
TemplaVoila).

however, I have gotten the plain text and regular text to work together. Once.

it seems that the problem is that the newsletter page is sending
before the job begin notice is sent, and the job end notice is sent.

So for an example my recipients get
Newsletter at 9:00 am,     then I get
Job begin 9:01 am
Job end 9:02 am

the one that worked was something like this:

Job begin 9:00 am
Newsletter at 9:01 am
Job end 9:02 am

i think this may be a problem with invoking the mailout.
And I also get an issue with the boundaries. However, when it worked I
did not include the static boundaries in the template configuration.

ALSO, my recipients get this message :

<!-- Cached page generated 02/03 2007 11:40. Expires 03/03 2007 11:40 -->
<!-- Parsetime: 246 ms-->

parsed only as plain text - despite both HTML and plain text options being set.

Any ideas? I have a lot of variables here, but any suggestions to try
out to try and minimize , or isolate a few would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks again,

-dave