[TYPO3] typoscript editor

Jason A. Lefkowitz jason at jasonlefkowitz.net
Thu Mar 1 20:33:58 CET 2007

dave ashton wrote:
  > Anyone used this as an editor and is it any good, etc?
>
> http://typo3.area42.de/

I use it -- it's great!  It works even better if you combine it with the
Mozex extension for Firefox -- you can configure Mozex to pipe the
contents of a textarea into any editor you choose when you hit a hotkey,
so you set it up to pipe into PSPad and voila, you have all the nice
features of SweeTS without having to keep your TScript in external files.

I'm told the JEdit extension is good for this too -- but it wants you to
store your TYPO3 admin username & password in it, and it passes that in
cleartext to the server.  These things probably shouldn't make me
nervous (it's not like TYPO3's login screen is secure by default anyway)
but they do nonetheless...

-- Jason Lefkowitz