[TYPO3] You don't have permission to access /typo3/alt_doc.php on this server.

Claus Bach privat at clausbach.dk
Mon Jun 25 09:53:12 CEST 2007

Christoph Koehler skrev:
> In article
> <mailman.1.1182462680.1856.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de>
> ClausBach <privat at clausbach.dk> wrote:
>
>>  Hello Jani and Christoph!
>>
>>  I am still trying to find a solution for the same problem. I don't
>> know anyting about servers, and my provider is absolutly unvilling to
>> help me (I will find another one or hit him with a baseballbat ....).
>>  I have moved the complete site where I have the problem to another
>> server, just to bee sure it is a serverproblem and not, as he claim,
>> a TYPO3 problem. And it is working fine on the other server. He is
>> also claming that there is no messages in apache error log (I have
>> given him timastamp and IP).
>>
>>  Can you please explain to my what a mod_security problem is, and how
>> to find it, so I can give him the information.
>>
>>  Hope one of you can help me - I will be very greatfull.
>>
>>  Claus
>>

> mod_security analyzes urls and all that to block harmful ones.
> Sometimes it also blocks legitimate ones, which will cause errors. You
> can try putting "SecFilterEngine Off" without the quotes into a
> htaccess file in your webhost root. If that doesn't fix it, consider
> running the WEC Serverchecker tool; it analyzes your system to make
> sure it can run TYPO3. It's not perfect but might help. Link:
> http://svn.webempoweredchurch.org/wec_servercheck/browser/trunk/wec_ser
> vercheck.php?format=raw It's just one file, copy it into your TYPO3
> root (which should be the webhost root, too, unless you run in a
> subdirectory). You can edit some settings in the header of the file to
> do some tests on the database and stuff, too.
> Christoph

Hello again!

Well, "SecFilterEngine Off" worked all right, but my provider shut down
my domain - I have violatede there security regulations - UPSss ... Not
so good. Therefore I can not recommend the this solution.

I have forund a new provider who have experience with TYPO3, and seems
willing to help people who don't understand all the server stuff.

Claus