[TYPO3] You don't have permission to access /typo3/alt_doc.php on this server.

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 00:35:54 CEST 2007

In article
<mailman.1.1182462680.1856.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de>
ClausBach <privat at clausbach.dk> wrote:

>  Hello Jani and Christoph!
>
>  I am still trying to find a solution for the same problem. I don't
> know anyting about servers, and my provider is absolutly unvilling to
> help me (I will find another one or hit him with a baseballbat ....).
>  I have moved the complete site where I have the problem to another
> server, just to bee sure it is a serverproblem and not, as he claim,
> a TYPO3 problem. And it is working fine on the other server. He is
> also claming that there is no messages in apache error log (I have
> given him timastamp and IP).
>
>  Can you please explain to my what a mod_security problem is, and how
> to find it, so I can give him the information.
>
>  Hope one of you can help me - I will be very greatfull.
>
>  Claus

mod_security analyzes urls and all that to block harmful ones.
Sometimes it also blocks legitimate ones, which will cause errors. You
can try putting "SecFilterEngine Off" without the quotes into a
htaccess file in your webhost root. If that doesn't fix it, consider
running the WEC Serverchecker tool; it analyzes your system to make
sure it can run TYPO3. It's not perfect but might help. Link:
http://svn.webempoweredchurch.org/wec_servercheck/browser/trunk/wec_ser
vercheck.php?format=raw It's just one file, copy it into your TYPO3
root (which should be the webhost root, too, unless you run in a
subdirectory). You can edit some settings in the header of the file to
do some tests on the database and stuff, too.
Christoph

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo