[TYPO3] RO_chBgColor & optionSplit

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Sun Jun 10 03:21:20 CEST 2007

Hi Joey, Anders, all,

JoH asenau wrote:
>> Anders Kongsted wrote:
>>> I'm trying to create a TMENU where the BGcolor has to be different on
>>> each item when it is active. It work with NO and ACT, but I would
>>> like to have a RO-effect too.
>>>
>>> Is that possible?
>> For sure. I see 2 relatively simple ways to achive this:
>>
>> 1) use ACTRO (which generates some JS, I think, never used that
>> myself)
>
> Doesn't exist in TMENU, since this is a GMENU item state.
>
>> compare
>>
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/10/2/

So then: _why_ are all these *RO states listed on a page with the title
"Common item states for TMENU, GMENU and IMGMENU series" ? Without a
clear hint, that these don't apply to TMENU ???

Also compare the TMENUITEM TSref documentation (look for the
"RO_chBgColor" property, which has a sample using tables for menu
entries and changes the background color for the table cells) at
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/10/8/

>> 2) simply use CSS
> +1

As I'm still happy with pure CSS I even didn't try out above sample
code, so I can't tell, what's the outcome (JS? CSS?).

And who needs tables for formatting/layout nowadays anyway? :-)

Have a nice sunday,
Georg
--
   ___   ___
  | + | |__    Georg Rehfeld      Woltmanstr. 12     20097 Hamburg
  |_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10

               (Delete .nospam from mail address)